The Night and Its Moon
The Night and Its Moon
The Night and Its Moon is Book One in a completed four-part fantasy series scheduled for rapid release in 2022.
This dual POV high fantasy series follows protagonists Nox and Amaris as they navigate growth through the divided continent of Gyrradin, from their upbringing in Farehold’s northernmost orphanage, to the separation that forces them to discover both who they are, and who they need to become in order to survive.
The Night and Its Moon explores the complexities of interpersonal relationships in a way that is both LGBTQA+ affirming, while acknowledging the nuances and challenges of understanding one’s own identity in a black and white world so often filled with shades of grey.
Reader Discretion Advised:
While the first book in TNAIM Series may be classified as Young Adult, the content and subject matter featured in the subsequent novels may not be appropriate for all audiences. Adult situations, language, sex and violence are all prevalent. Reader discretion is advised before buying or gifting the novels, with a particular 18+ rating on the final installment in the series.
Join Piper CJ on Social Media!
promotional materials, behind the scenes, and fun book elements can be found on instagram (@piper_cj) and tiktok (@pipercj & @pipercjbooks)
The Series is Complete!
all titles scheduled for 2022 rapid release
the following titles in
The Night & Its Moon Series
February 14th, 2022
The Sun & Its Shade
May 14th, 2022
The Gloom Between Stars
August 14th, 2022
The Dawn & Its Light
November 14th, 2022
Fun Facts about TNAIM
• Book One was written in 6 days.
- the night of September 28th, I was having a typical "insomniac" night, and Nox & Amaris wandered into my mind. I began outlining their story the next day, and outlined from 9:30am-noon. After lunch, I began writing, and had finished all 120k words in less than a week.
• I didn't intend to write a series!
- I assumed it would be one fun manic episode, but instead, the story just continued to build and grow organically. all four books were completed within a two month time period. copies were given to my editor & beta readers immediately, and the reaction encouraged me to publish!
• my fantasy inspirations
- I love C.S. Lewis, Patrick Rothfuss, Sarah J. Maas, Andrzej Sapkowski, but just found myself asking, "why don't girls ever kiss in my favorite fantasy novels?"